Friday, August 13, 2010

Chinese Culture Summer Camp






This morning we headed over the Chinese Culture Summer Camp for their summer program. We kind of got a little lost because GoogleMaps took us this crazy back way. We were in this housing complex and then all of a sudden the directions stopped. We could see the school, but there was no road to get to it. Weird.

By the time we got into the school, we had missed the opening which was where I was supposed to come in. Whoops. Thankfully, they let me do my part in the middle. I had donated t-shirts with the help of State Farm. We also donated some snacks for the kids on those hot summer days. I just said a little something about State Farm, but it was still cool to see everyone wearing their shirts and having fun.
The presentation was actually pretty cool. We got to see some Chinese Yo-yos, as well as a dragon dance with ribbons. Very cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment